Cars and luxury watches have a long history, starting with auto clocks in the early 1900′s and spanning to today. Not only is there a common male demographic, but there is also a kinship: both are machines of varying complexity. Like watches, cars, depending upon their price range, demonstrate varying levels of complications and finishing — those fine details that appeal to our aesthetic senses. Companies such as Richard Mille, Chopard, Hublot, Breitling and Jaeger-LeCoultre have partnered with car companies to make watches that reflect their automotive antecedents through design and material elements.
popular tagsAbraham-Louis Breguet androids Andy Warhol Autavia automata Big Bang boutique calibre Carole Forestier-Kasapi Carrera chronograph clock collecting Constant Force Escapement dell deaton Dominique Loiseau enamel dial Eric Clapton Francois Junod Frederic Piguet geo cramer Gerald Genta Henry Graves heuer Jaeger-LeCoultre James Bond James Bond watches James Ward Packard Jean-Claude Biver Jeff Deegan La Côte-aux-Fées limited edition Louis Cartier Magic Gold military navigation Promenade d’une Panthère Santos Sleeping Beauty Series Stephen S. Palmer Strap Tank Normale titanium Tourbillon vintage
- Romain Jerome Titanic-DNA Steampunk Chrono: Seriously Collectible?
- Another Piece of Packard History Comes Up for Auction
- The Artistry of Patek Philippe and Vacheron Constantin Jewelry Watches
- At Auction: Christie’s International Head of Watches Aurel Bacs Gives his Analysis
- The Different Sides of Breguet